The main part ofSouth Carolina Living magazine, which can also be found online includes the usual recipes, plus a few feature articles about interesting people and places in our own state!
The January 2023 edition has six pages dedicated to local news about your co-op. Highlights include:
CEO Column: One-stop information hub – Horry Electric’s website filled with tools, member information.
Various Co-op News: HEC employees give back to the community during Christmastime; $1,500 WIRE Scholarship available to freshman entering Coastal Carolina University or Horry-Georgetown Technical College this fall.
Lineman Legacy: Operations Trainer Chris Grainger retires after 36 years of service.
New Friends, New Experiences: Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Bowl players bring smiles to Horry County.
Apply Now: High school sophomores and juniors can apply for the Cooperative Youth Summit or Washington Youth Tour trips set for this summer.
The holidays are quickly approaching! How does some extra holiday cash sound? Residential members can purchase an ecobee smart thermostat at a discounted rate, which includes a FREE professional installation.
Any residential member who purchases an ecobee smart thermostat and enrolls in our Smart Thermostat Program between November 1 and 4:59 p.m. on November 30 will be automatically entered in a prize drawing for $250 Christmas Cash! The winner will be announced in December.
Products available are the ecobee3 lite for $84 or the ecobee Smart Thermostat with Voice Control for $151. We accept cash or a check for the purchase of a smart thermostat.
Click herefor more information on our smart thermostat program.
How to enroll
Enrolling in the smart thermostat program is easy. Fill out the participation agreement, then visit either our Conway or Socastee office to purchase and pick-up an ecobee3 lite or ecobee Smart Thermostat with Voice Control. Purchasing a smart thermostat and joining the program qualifies the member for a FREE professional installation by one of Horry Electric’s approved Smart Thermostat contractors.
The limited-time offer is for NEW participants only. The contest rules are outlined below.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Smart Thermostat Program Enrollment Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Entry Fee Required. Purchase of an ecobee smart thermostat required.
2. Timing. The Smart Thermostat Program Enrollment Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 1, 2022, and ends at 4:59 PM ET on November 30, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for the Smart Thermostat program, but who purchase and install an ecobee smart thermostat during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”),
Entrants may sign up for the smart thermostat program and purchase an ecobee smart thermostat through the Smart Thermostat program, and one randomly selected Entrant will be awarded $250.00 (USD) cash from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants may enter by visiting our Conway or Socastee office to purchase an ecobee smart thermostat during regular business hours. Entrants must enter only one submission per account. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 4:59 PM ET on November 30, 2022, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant must be a member of the Cooperative. Only residential member accounts are eligible to participate. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently signed up for the smart thermostat program. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. One winner will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted registration entries by December 20, 2022.
7. Prize Awarding. The one winner will be randomly selected and announced on or about December 20, 2022 from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by phone.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be one (1) prize awarded: $250.00 (USD) Christmas Cash from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By signing up, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
c) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
d) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
e) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
f) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
g) Prize is not transferable or assignable.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com