Stay connected with Horry Electric Cooperative on any device 24/7/365.
Cell Phone Numbers
With a cell phone number listed on your account, you can receive important text alerts about holiday closings or storm related information.
After a cell phone number is entered on the account, members will be automatically enrolled in Horry Electric’s outage text alert program – MyOutage. You can report power outages and request service updates.
Once enrolled, if you experience an outage, text the keywords (below) to 1-844-369-2767:
- OUT – Report an outage at service address associated with the phone number
- STATUS – Request the status of an outage
- HELP – Provides information about HEC’s text program and a number to call for additional support
- QUIT – Cancels participation in outage text alerts
Members with an email address listed on their account will receive important news and information. We’ll send you the Current Word monthly newsletter, program promotions and important announcements to keep you in the loop.
Emails will come from HECNewsandInfo@horryelectric.com.
How to add/update your information
Any member who adds or updates their contact information to include a cell phone number and email address during the month of October will be automatically entered into a prize drawing. Members who currently have their cell phone number and email address listed will also be included in the prize drawing. Five lucky members will win a $50 electric bill credit.
The contest rules are outlined below.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Contact Information Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. Enrollment and Purchase Required.
2. Timing. The Contact Information Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 1, 2023, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on October 31, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently have or update their contact information, including a mobile number and email address during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may add or update their contact information, and five randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may add/update their contact information online by clicking here, emailing email@example.com or by calling 843-369-2211. Entrants and/or Submitters will be entered into the contest if the currently have their contact information on their account or if they add/update their contact information. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on October 31, 2023, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently registered for Surge Guard. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted entries by November 10, 2023.
7. Prize Awarding. The five winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about November 10, 2023 from among all eligible entries received. The five winners will be notified that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: five $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By submitting an entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By submitting an entry, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.