June 1 marks the beginning of hurricane season and you can count on summertime to bring typical thunderstorms and severe weather. Lightning is one of the main causes of power outages during a storm.
Horry Electric wants to help you protect your home from nearby lightning strikes and power surges. For the low price of $5.35 (with an 18-month minimum contract) a month, members can enroll in the Surge Guard program. An Horry Electric team member will install a device on the member’s meter base to provide protection outside the home. This device helps stop power surges at the meter.
Any residential member who enrolls as a new participant in the Surge Guard program between June 1 and 11:59 p.m. on June 30 will be automatically entered into a prize drawing. Five lucky members will win an indoor plug-in surge protective strip (pictured at right), in addition to a $50 electric bill credit.
Sign up today by clicking here or calling (843) 369-2211 during regular business hours to speak to a trusted energy advisor.
The contest rules are outlined below.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Surge Guard Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. Enrollment and Purchase Required.
2. Timing. The Surge Guard Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 1, 2023, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on June 30, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not enrolled in Surge Guard but who register for Surge Guard during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for Surge Guard, and five randomly selected Entrants will be awarded an indoor plug-in surge protective strip and a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enter online by clicking here or by calling us at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on June 30, 2023, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently registered for Surge Guard. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted entries by July 17, 2023.
7. Prize Awarding. The five winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about July 17, 2023 from among all eligible entries received. The five winners will be notified that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts and their indoor plug-in surge protective device is available for pickup.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: five $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative and an indoor plug-in surge protective device. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By submitting an entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By submitting an entry, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.