Are you looking for an easy way to receive your monthly electric bill that doesn’t require a trip to the mailbox? Enroll in Horry Electric’s E-Bill program today! It’s free, secure and ecofriendly.
Any member who signs up as a new participant in our E-Bill program between February 1 and 11:59 p.m. on February 28 will be automatically entered into a prize drawing.
This month, in celebration of Valentine’s Day, we’re doubling the prizes! Members who enroll will have the chance to win one of five $100 electric bill credits. We love the chance to celebrate our members and how much they mean to us.
All member accounts are eligible to participate. Sign up today through MyEnergy Online or call (843) 369-2211 during regular business hours to speak to a member service representative.
The contest rules are outlined below.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
E-Bill Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The E-Bill Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2023, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on February 28, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for E-Bill but who register for E-Bill during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for E-Bill, and five randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $100.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enter online by visiting MyEnergy Online to sign up in the member portal or by calling us at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on February 28, 2023, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently registered for E-Bill; members with poor credit. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted entries by March 10, 2023.
7. Prize Awarding. The five winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about March 10, 2023 from among all eligible entries received. The five winners will be notified that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: five $100.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By submitting an entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By submitting an entry, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.