Have you ever received a utility bill higher than normal? Did you find a problem in your home that you were unaware of because of that high bill? Maybe it was a hot water leak or heat strips constantly running, but your high electric bill pinpointed something was amiss.
Members can sign up for a high energy use alert, which will notify you of increased electric use one day after a potential problem happens in your home. With the high energy use alert, the member determines a maximum daily kilowatt hour or maximum daily dollar amount threshold. If your daily electric use exceeds the maximum setting, you will be alerted. Members can update their threshold setting at any time.
Members can choose how they would like to be alerted – text message, phone call or email.
During the month of July, any member who adds high energy use alerts to their account will be automatically entered into a prize drawing for one of five $50 electric bill credits.
Members have until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 31 to enroll. You can add a high energy use alert to your account by logging in to the MyEnergy Online portal, signing in to the HEC Mobile app, or by calling (843) 369-2211 to speak to a member service representative during regular business hours.
The winners will be announced in early August.
The contest rules are outlined below.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
High Energy Use Alerts Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The High Energy Use Alerts Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 1, 2022, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not enrolled in High Energy Use Alerts but who register for High Energy Use Alerts during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for High Energy Use Alerts, and five (5) randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enroll online by visiting MyEnergy Online to sign up in the member portal, logging in to the HEC Mobile app, or by calling us at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2022, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently registered for High Energy Use Alerts. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted entries by August 9, 2022.
7. Prize Awarding. The five winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about August 9, 2022 from among all eligible entries received. The five winners will be notified in writing or by phone that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: five $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By submitting an entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By submitting an entry, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.